Open-Source Streaming Server
OvenMediaEngine is an Open-Source Streaming Server that enables Large-Scale and Sub-Second Streaming
OvenMediaEngine supports various input protocols such as
- Push: WebRTC, RTMP, SRT, MPEG-2 TS
- Pull: RTSP
OvenMediaEngine provides multiple output protocols such as
- Sub-Second Latency: WebRTC
- Low Latency: Low Latency DASH (Chunked CMAF)
- Legacy: MPEG-DASH, HLS
Embedded Live Transcoder
OvenMediaEngine has embedded a Live Transcoder that supports VP8, H264, Opus, AAC, and Pass-through.
Support for Sub-Second Latency
OvenMediaEngine supports smoother sub-second latency.
- WebRTC over TCP with Embedded TURN Server
- ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment)
- DTLS (Datagram Transport Layer Security)
- SRTP (Secure Real-time Transport Protocol)
Forward Error Correction
OME applies FECs to minimize packet loss.
- ULPFEC (Forward Error Correction) with VP8, H.264
- In-band FEC (Forward Error Correction) with Opus
Embedded WebRTC Signaling Server
OvenMediaEngine includes a WebRTC Signaling Server based on WebSocket.
OvenMediaEngine has a structure that is easy to scale by applying Origin-Edge Clusters.
OvenMediaEngine provides features to help you build the monitoring you want and need.
Beta version features
- File Recording
- RTMP Push Publishing (re-streaming)
- REST API
- P2P Traffic Distribution (Only WebRTC)